Tuesday, November 07, 2006

THIS ONE CAME IN THIS MORNING OVER THE 'ETNI' -- THE LIST FOR ENGLISH TEACHERS IN ISRAEL, JUST AS I WAS SADDLING UP MY MOTOBECAINE:


-------- Original Message --------> Subject: help me find my friends> From: "gordon buckley" <thebuckleyclan@tiscali.co.uk>> > I don't know if this is the correct site but i'm trying to find a lady and her family i knew many years ago.Her name was Tovit shlomi.She had a little girl called neta in march 1988. The address at that time was 27 Yehezkel st,Tel-aviv.She had a sister called bela and 2 nieces called imbal and hadar at that time they were 15 and 12. My name was Joanne Rhodes before i married.I helped look after Neta for Tovit and would love to get in touch again.If anyone knows of her or her family please get in touch with me.or the name of another web site that might be better. > > Thank you for your help .> Joanne Buckley > (nee Rhodes)>

The message touched my heart, and also fired off a neuron somewhere that triggered a whole set of memories.

I quickly penned the following response:

While we're on the subject, there was a Flexer family in Winnipeg in the sixties. They had a little girl named Shlomit in grade 3 when I was in grade nine, that would be the year of the '67 war. I heard some of them later relocated to Be'er Sheva or something. At the time, her mother frowned on her talking to a boy six years older than her, but I guess it wouldn't matter now, as she would be 48.

Whoa.

Any takers?


If yes, tell her I was the one with the ears.


3 Comments:

Blogger Michal said...

GA-DOL

1:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Nu? It's been almost a month since your last post. As an English teacher, and thus an orthodox Skinnerian, you know nothing works like an intermittent reinforcement schedule to keep 'em coming back.
By the way, if you find Shlomit Flexer, ask her how her brother Ziggy is doing.

2:56 PM  
Blogger Hooping World said...

I was looking for a way to make my own hula hoop and I got all caught up in hooping videos
when I ran across this fun hooping flash mob: http://youtu.be/SBhkkjLEzb0. I’m just a beginner,
so this is not something I can do, yet. When I can, I want to mob my own city!

4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home